Sydney-based chef Michelle Powell, from Naturally Sauced, shares her delicious and simple go-to chocolate and roasted hazelnut brownie recipe!
- 200g quality dark chocolate
- 250g unsalted butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 80g quality cocoa powder
- 65g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 360g caster sugar
- 4 large free range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Snap the chocolate into a large bowl, add the butter and place over a pan of simmering water, until melted, stirring regularly. Stir through the hazelnuts.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour into a separate bowl, add the baking powder and sugar, then mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate and hazelnut mixture and stir together well. Beat the eggs, then mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tin, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out clean – the brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares. Delicious served with a dollop of crème fraîche or yoghurt.