Jessica Nguyen's funky play on the Petruccio, inspired by the Sunset Check print from the Kip&Co x Jessica Nguyen collection. Usually a sour made cocktail from gin and aperol, Jess has added her own twist, with an added drop of grenadine to give it a beautiful sunset hue (just like the table linen!).
Pictured: Rose With A Twist Coupe Glass and Sunset Check Tablecloth
- 30ml of Aperol
- 30ml of gin
- Dash of orange bitters, optional
- 30ml of lemon juice
- 10ml of simple syrup
- 1 egg white or 6 drops of foamer
- Dash (5ml) of grenadine
- 2 cups of ice
- Grab the glass you wish to serve your cocktail in and fill it with ice to chill whilst you prepare your cocktail.
- Place your Aperol, gin, lemon juice, egg white and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Close the lid and give it a ‘dry shake’ for 10 seconds.
- Then add in your ice and shake again until the exterior of the shaker is ice cold.
- Tip out your ice in the glass and then using a strainer, pour your cocktail into the glass until the foam hits the top.
- Pour in a dash of grenadine and use cocktail pick or tooth pick to make a little pattern on top of the foam where the grenadine is.
Read more recipes on the Kip&Co blog.