To celebrate the launch of our spicy new collection with queen cook Jessica Nguyen, we are lucky enough to have the recipe to one of her most popular linguine dishes. Be sure to try this at your very next dinner party!
Spicy Vongole, Nduja and Tomato Linguine
Cooking Time- 20 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
- 400g of linguine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chilli oil or 1 fresh red chilli sliced
- 2 tablespoons of nduja ⅓ cup of white wine
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 1kg or bag of vongole, clams 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Boil a pot of generously salted (approx 2 tablespoons) water and place your pasta in to cook until al dente for about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice your garlic and finely chop your parsley.
- Heat a large pan with the olive oil and once shimmering, add in the garlic and a tablespoon of chilli oil and cook for 1 minute on medium until the garlic just starts to turn golden.
- Add in the nduja and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes until the nduja has melted and starts coats all of the tomatoes.
- Add in the wine and cook for another minute.
- Add the vongole to the pan and place a lid over the pan to steam the clams for about 4 minutes. During this time you’ll see they start to open up and release their juices.
- Once the pasta is al dente, transfer from the pot directly into the pan, pour in ½ cup of the starchy pasta water and toss till the water and oil emulsifies into a sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Throw in the parsley, the lemon juice and give it one final stir.
- Transfer to a platter, drizzle over some chilli oil and serve immediately!