Our Home Life Series is a weekly sneak peak into the homes and lives of Australia's most creative and inspiring people.
This week on the Home Life Series, we're chatting with fabulous Wiradjuri Jewellery Designer, boss mum and our awesome office neighbour, Kristy Dickinson (AKA Haus Of Dizzy). Forging a name for herself as the Queen of Bling, Kristy's unashamedly colourful, loud, statement style carries through into her incredible home. Today we take you inside the blinging Fitzroy apartment she shares with son Ziggy and their seriously cute pooch, King Brown.
1. We are long time fans of you and your business Haus of Dizzy. For those who are new here, can you tell us a little bit about your powerful and statement-making jewellery business?
At the helm of Haus of Dizzy, proud Wiradjuri woman Kristy Dickinson creates bold, playful, statement-making jewellery that celebrates and honours Indigenous culture—imbuing a sense of empowerment and joy within everybody who wears it.
Often featuring powerful political and social messages, each Haus of Dizzy piece is designed, laser-cut, hand-painted and assembled in the company’s studio, located in Fitzroy, Melbourne/Naarm.
2. You really are the queen of bling! We’ve seen Haus of Dizzy grow and achieve so much over this past year. What are some of the highlights you and your team have experienced?
One of the many highlights is seeing my jewellery on Miss Lauryn Hill and Drew Barrymore.
3. Thank you so much for letting us inside your colourful home. Can you tell us about who lives here with you?
Yes I definitely love colour and love to be surrounded by colour as you can see from the photos. I share my colourful and fun home with my two year old son Ziggy lee, King Brown (our 8 month old Cavoodle) and my cousin Lindyn (who is quite famous on TikTok and a eyewear designer).
4. Who do you look too for home style inspiration? What are some of your favourite pieces in your home that you’ve collected over the years?
I definitely go to the Kip&Co website for inspiration and one of my favourite pieces I have collected over the years is my Kip&Co Cairo Nights shag rug.
5. In addition to managing your thriving business, you’re a mum to little Ziggy. How’s it been adjusting to motherhood and the balancing act of taking Haus of Dizzy to new heights?
Being a single mum with a business is really hard but I make it work. Time management is key and daycare is my saviour. But I'm really passionate about being a mum and Haus of Dizzy and all the struggles that I go through only makes me stronger and makes me dam proud of what I have achieved.
6. We spoke to you this time last year and got to know more about how you celebrate NAIDOC week. This years theme is ‘Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!’ What are some of the ways that the business and you personally like to acknowledge this week?
NAIDOC week is about Mob and Allies coming together to celebrate Blak excellence. We are holding a morning tea in our studio to kick the week off and then my team and I will be attending the NAIDOC Ball. There are so many events throughout the week and I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.
7. It is so great to see more and more Indigenous artists achieve incredible success and coverage. How can we support to Indigenous and First Nations artists all year round?
You can support First Nation artists all year round by following their socials, buying their products and even recommend their art to your friends and family.
View more home tours in the Kip&Co Home Life Series.