The beautiful Amber Lenette has been styling up a storm for almost two decades. We're checking in with her to see how she landed herself this sweet gig and a couple of killer tips on how to style up your bedroom this winter.
- What is your sweet gig?
So in a nut shell I make shit look Good! Weather it be putting together an outfit for a fashion shoot or a range of bedding, my job as a stylist is to make things look as amazing as possible and appeal to the consumer. That's you.
- How did you get into styling?
So I studied Visual Merchandising at RMIT and went on to work in the field for 3 years. I fell into styling after getting to know a photographer in the industry. That was almost 18 years ago and the rest is history.
- What is the best advice you’ve been given about styling?
Have fun with it. styling is a natural ability to be able to put things together to create something that's exciting and appealing to the eye but having said that anyone with a keen eye can have a crack at home. It's the best place to play around and create something fun.
- You’ve been working with Kip&Co since the beginning, what are top 3 tips for styling bedrooms?
- Get out of the white zone. There are so many amazing colors in the Kip range, there is something for everyone. Color can create a mood, an energy in your bedroom. Who wouldn't want a beautiful bedroom with good vibes.
- Mix textures. Cotton, linen and velvet. That's what I have on my bed at any one time. It never gets boring and it adds more warmth to the overall feel.
- Make it yours. You go to sleep in it and you wake up in it so your bedroom is pretty important in my opinion. Put some personality into it and don't be afraid to change the style from season to season or as I do, from week to week.
5. What are you looking forward to in 2017?
Holidays, family time and creative projects. The next kip campaign being one of them.
6. Where can we see more of your work?